Please read the poem you were given in class.
Then find out answers to the questions below. For the ‘who’ questions you may find an image search in google to be helpful (as well as a text search).
Annotate your copy of the poem with your answers.
- Who was the Duke of Ferrara?
- Who was the Duchess of Ferrara?
- Who was Fra Angelico?
- Who is Neptune, and what’s he taming?
- What’s a ‘countenance’?
- What’s a ‘mantle’?
- What’s an ‘officious’ idiot?
- What’s a ‘favour’ that you can wear?
- What is ‘stooping’, metaphorically?
- In what sense might a warrant be a promise?
- What might ‘munificence’ be?
- Find out what a ‘dowry’ is.